Friday, December 14, 2012
Monday, December 3, 2012
- To See more from Ms. Drew's Class see her Research Project page on her teacher website at http://teacherweb.com/TX/GattisElementary/MsDrewsClass/apt2.aspx
- To see more from Mrs. Slavin's Class visit her Research Project/Proyectos de Investigación page at http://slavinduallanguage.blogspot.com/2012/11/research-projects-round-2-proyectos-de.html
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
- Create a table of values for a given pattern
- Describe, extend, and analyze patterns
- Graph a given table of values
- Plot points on a coordinate grid
- Change heights and widths of rows and columns
- Create formulas
- Use the Fill function to extend tables
- Graph given sets of data displayed in tables
- Formatting cells to include commas
- Navigate to Save on Network Folder
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
Monday, November 5, 2012
Watch our Canned Food Drive Commercial here:
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Thursday, September 13, 2012
- Have a Google account of your own, it doesn't have to be Gmail, in fact you can go to google.com and register another email address to create a Google account.
- Go to the Gattis website at http://schools.roundrockisd.org/Gattis/
- On the bottom right of the calendar, click on the “+Google Calendar” button
- A prompt will appear that will ask you “Would you like to add calendar: email@example.com? Click “Yes, add this calendar”
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Second Grade Students enjoyed creating stories online through http://www.artofstorytelling.org/kiosk/ site. This coorelated with their writing unit they are working on. It was fun to select all the different parts of the story!
Friday, March 9, 2012
Have you talked to students in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada? First Graders at Gattis have! They took a virtual trip via Skype. The students of Moose Jaw shared some of their favorite book suggestions with Gattis students this week. Each student walked up to the webcam and showed their book and gave a summary. And of course they did talk about the weather.
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Gattis Technology had a facelift last week! Thanks to bond money in the past and the diligence of our Technology Department we were able to replace all of the desktop machines in the classrooms, office, computer lab and library. That’s over 100 computers!
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Ms. Baker's 4th Grade class is going to be learning about Angles. The class worked in pairs to come up with what they already knew and then record their prior knowledge on the interactive whiteboard in the classroom. This page can then be saved and revisited as the class continues their learning. Great use of the Promethean Board Ms. Baker! What do you know about angles?
Friday, February 17, 2012
Computers are not just for the mainstream classroom. Here at Gattis and at many schools across the district we are able to purchase and use specific computer software to help with individual students who need some extra strategies. Here we have students working with Earobics software which provides individualized instruction in critical areas of reading. This software is interactive and has some fun characters that make the activity engaging and motivating for students! Our incredible Intervention Specialists are able to monitor and personalized plans for each student.
Friday, February 3, 2012
Ms. Kloecker’s Class wrote “All About Books”. To share the books, students used flipcams to record a peer reading the book, then published the video on their class blog. If you want to see and hear some of the students read their books, check out their blog at http://kidblog.org/mskloeckers1stgradeduallanguageclass/ckloeck1110/all-about-books/
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Mrs. Dawson's third grade class published their letters. Their focus was writing a friendly letter in Microsoft Word. Students had to change the font style, size and color then add a picture. They also had to save it into their own folders.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
As part of the Fuel Up to Play 60 Program that Gattis PE classes are involved in this year, Ms. Rosberg and Ms. Hintz put together a movie of students self created FuelUp song. This video has been played on the morning broadcast as a way to motivate and inform other students. Students also created posters to hang around the school and are tracking their progress online. Way to be healthy Gators!